Sunday, December 18, 2011

Painting #328 - Dec 18 - Another knitting day

Well, I did manage to scrape a painting together, it was tough though, it is Sunday, after all, and that is never a good day to paint. I did, however, get some knitting done, got gifts to finish and lots of work to do tomorrow, so this may be another short blog.

I chose this photo because I felt it was a challenge to make this lily look like it has multiple layers, which it did have, I had never seen a lily within a lily until a couple summers ago, I took this photo in the park at the four corners in Coldwater, while we were sitting with a booth at an art fair, Coldwater used to have them, but have since dropped that, it was nice to display work but there was never much sales, at least not much for me. I painted this on a 4" x 4" claybord, that surface is challenging all by itself. I do believe that I managed to pull it off, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment