Saturday, December 3, 2011

Painting #313 - Dec 3 - On the computer most of this day

Well, I signed on for a free Webinar (on line seminar) for painting water, not that I don't know how to paint water, but, I did learn some things, something you should consider and I don't, is analyze why some things look the way they do, and it really is a good thing to know, why reflections do what they do in the water, it wasn't only that, it was really quite informative and also for compositional aspects too. It was supposed to be a 2-1/2 hour, on line seminar, but it went over, something like an hour and 15 min. We looked at several web sites of other artists. Wow, some of those (and I never heard of them before) are really good, one was Johannes Vloothuis, another was Gerald Harvey & Scott Christiansen, Matt Smith, so check those out, it really was fabulous. For homework, I'm supposed to paint a water painting and post it to his website and critique my own painting, hope I can manage that, of course I could use one that I've painted for this blog, we'll see, maybe I could find one to paint this week.

I really didn't leave myself a lot of time to paint tonight, so, the old stand-by, flowers, I chose this pink camellia today, and I chose the 4" x 4" claybord, I really got tired so this will be short. I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment