Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Painting #323 - Dec 13 - Worked on 2 paintings today

I really meant to finish the one I was working on in class today, but I really didn't have time to, before I could go home after class, I had banking to do, then grocery shopping to do, and dinner to figure out (I never get it ready before I leave, it sure would save time if I set it up in the crock pot, oh well), and I didn't sleep well last night, so I was tired, I did resist taking a nap, of course I didn't get time to, even if I had wanted to. I also had a great day money wise, I sold 5 paintings (the small ones), of course it's June, she sure loves my work, everyone needs a cheering section, especially when they part with some of their money, which we all need these days. Plus I did a framing job for JoAnn and this week I have 2 to frame and matt for Sue and plus, they each are going to buy one of my little paintings, so it was a really great day, I'm loving it. So, needless to say, I just didn't have the time nor the energy to finish the major one that I was working on today in class, I do believe I can finish it tomorrow though.

This painting is one that I started a couple weeks ago, I was really enthusiastic about it when I first started it, but sometimes you have to let these paintings rest for a few days or weeks to get the proper perspective on how to proceed with it. That's the case with this one, I really wasn't enthusiastic about it, at first, but, like usual, once I started working, it pulled together. This is a quarter sheet of watercolor paper, so it's large, another problem when you are trying to finish one in a day, well, the one that I worked on in class was a larger one too, not quite a quarter sheet but close, so I wasn't as far along with that one as this one, tomorrow should be a good day to finish it, I am working at the Gallery, it's Sturgis class night, so tomorrow will be busy, I'd better cut this short, I have to get some sleep, I didn't rest well last night and besides that, it was short, 2:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. isn't enough for me, my husband does it all the time, but I'm just too old to do that anymore. I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment