Monday, December 5, 2011

Painting #315 - Dec 5 - It was a Christmas Party tonight!

Well, today I managed to get the Christmas card done, I started 2, and finished 1, I also played with a free form flower painting from my head, but I didn't have time to finish that one either. I chose this snow scene that had a sunlit mountain in the background, and I decided to do it on a piece of watercolor paper that I had collaged with the oriental papers, when you paint watercolors on the collaged papers, you don't have any control where the paint goes, some of the papers are more absorbent than others and if the paint goes on them it soaks right in and you can't lift it. That's what happened in the case of the mountain, originally the mountain was lower, like the one on the inside of the card, but the paper made a tall mountain, and I had to go with it. While I was waiting for the outside part to dry enough to finish, I decided to make a small lighter version on the inside of the card, I probably should paint like that all the time, it went really fast and I didn't overwork it. I was going to get this blogged before the party, but I didn't have enough time, by the time I got the card done, and the dishes done, and checked on my studio to see if the heaters were working still, and loaded the kiln for the china painting class tomorrow, then dressed, I was running behind, of course, I'm used to that. Well, I'm going to make this short, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.


the one above is the outside of the card, the collaged part.


and this is the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment