Sunday, December 11, 2011

Painting #321 - Dec 11 - Busy day

I'm sorry to say that this painting isn't quite finished, I will be finishing it in the morning, I didn't get to this painting project until late and it is now quarter to 1:00 a.m. and I have to get to bed so my Husband can get some sleep, he has to work tomorrow and I've been bad about keeping him up, he won't go to bed until I do so I'm keeping him up tonight, again. I worked on this for about 4 hours, well, technically I did originally start 2 other paintings, but while I was waiting for them to dry, I started this one, and this is the one that kept me going, I know I shouldn't have started it, but I really thought I was just going to work on it while I waited for the others to dry, but it just didn't work out that way, this painting needs a bit more, not much but a bit, my photo isn't the greatest, and after about 2-1/2 hours I got out the magnifying glasses I have for close up stuff, just to get the correct shading, of course this is a bad photo, it was taken by my student during one of my china painting classes, this happens to be my dear friend and student Bea who passed away this last summer, I'm so glad that my friend and student Carol shared this photo with me, I found this photo yesterday while I was working upstairs on the main computer and put it with my reference photo's, thinking that I might attempt to paint it one of these days, well, here it is, and I really got a good start on this likeness, but it does need a tiny bit more, I'm sorry that I didn't get it done, but I do have to get this blogged today, I will re-post this tomorrow on this same page so that you can see the difference that just a little bit makes, you will notice that I did not sign it yet, but tomorrow I will, you will see. For now, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.



Ok, now this is the next day, and this is better, the other one was too smooth and too washed out, this looks more like I want it too, it could still use a few tweaks but at this point, I think I'll call it good, maybe in a few months I'll attempt it again, only this time in oil. It really smooths out better and I think it would look better, we'll see, for the time being, I like this litle painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment