Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Painting #337 - Dec 27 - It's nice to have a coach

Linda has been very helpful, says "Viv, why don't you get your blog painting done now, then it'll be done and you don't have to worry about it", well, that works, I also had another helper, Sharon, who was about to leave but wanted to see how I do it, so, I got it out and started it. Well, they didn't like how it started, wondered how it would ever become a painting, it was sure ugly, I told them you have to be able to see beyond the ugly to find the painting, so, here it is.

I decided on using the claybord, I showed them the difference between the Aquabord and the Claybord, how the first one is textured and the other one is ultra smooth, so I decided to use the Claybord this time because yesterday's painting was on the Aquabord. the approach is similar, but the claybord really takes a bit longer for the paint to soak in, the Aquabord is lots more absorbent. I do agree that it did look ugly, but I did change a bunch of stuff, first the barn in front was a gray brown, didn't like it so much, the roofs were darker, wiped that off, changed the dirt road, put a puddle in, and a refelction, then changed the barns to red, and I liked that better, but the shadow was on the side facing forward, I didn't like that as much, so moved the shadows, so this painting has been through the wringer. I also like you to know that these barns have morphed so much, they do not look anything like the original photo. Ah well, my choice, I like this little painting now and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment