Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Painting #330 - Dec 20 - Starting to see the finality of this blog 35 days and counting

As you have heard, I'm really getting tired, I don't know how these daily artists do it, I said I would do it, and I am, but (a very big word), I am getting tired, does that mean that I'm not as serious about my art? I don't know, I think I'm serious enough, but I am feeling the pressure.

We are going out of town for a few days right after Christmas, just preparing you for the worst, I may not be able to paint every day while we are gone. In the past, I have attempted to get ahead of the blog, trying to get extra paintings done ahead of time, well, this is the Christmas season, I have been working very hard trying to get some small gifts done, and so far I've managed, but I don't believe that I will have time to get ahead (since I have to finish the portrait this week, hopefully tomorrow), so the question is, will I be able to get paintings done while I'm gone, there may be some time to paint, and if I have time, they will have to be small, with a car full of people, I will not be able to pack as much painting equipment, but I will try, but just in case, I am preparing you for some days that you may not get a blog, I will have to catch up when I get back, my friend Sue does that quit regularly, she's not as much of a slave to the blog operation as I've been, well, enough of that, on with the painting.

This painting is approximately a 1/4 sheet, it's on hot press, I started this painting wet in wet, at least I think I did that, it's been a few days since I started it, that was a week ago, and my memory is a little shaky just now. I've been really tired all day, of course part of that is the very large lunch I had, the watercolor girls had a luncheon today to celebrate the Christmas holiday, it was way more food than I needed, oh well, it was really good, and lots of fun. When I decided to work on this painting, it was just at the very beginning stage, and not all that interesting to work on (from my point of view), when I started working on it today, it was a real struggle, so blah to me, then, all of a sudden, it started to get to me, when I put those shadows on the barn, that's when I got into it, then it went very well, the tree itself is just a prop, the real meat of this painting are the shadows on the barn, I really love it, and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment