Friday, December 9, 2011

Painting #319 - Dec 9 - tried a new approach today

I did actually cut some time off this blog painting today, I did manage to get it started before my husband got home, which is good, and it is a larger painting, not a lot but some, it's about 8" x 12" so that is larger. Plus, I approached it differently, I did the sky and the farthest trees wet in wet, then I painted the close up building on the right side, then the close up bushes and trees, and then the farthest buildings and the grasses, then the pond, well, this isn't really a pond, it's Lake Michigan. Well, that was the quickest part of this little painting, while it was drying, I cooked supper and visited with my family, once dinner was over, I managed to complete this painting in about an hour, that makes it a little under 2 hours, not bad.

This little scene is a place at the very tip of Lake Michigan, a place called Fayette, which is in the process of being researched, it looks to me like they are also restoring the buildings for tourism, maybe it's completed now, it's been a while since we were there, it's an iron smelting station that was in operation around the turn of the 19th century, a very interesting place with lots to see.

So, I did manage to get this painting started earlier but it is late just now, so I'm about to shut down for the night, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment