Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Painting #324 - Dec 14 - I had gallery duty today and watercolor class

Yesterday I mentioned that I worked on 2 paintings, well, I did today too, I did manage to finish the other painting I worked on yesterday, and one for class, the one for class isn't quite done, I'll have to show that one to you later.

This painting was quite a project, it is another one of those long skinny ones, it's about 8" x 18" or so, it also is quite intricate, I did spend several hours finishing this, I worked on it yesterday for 2 hours, I worked on it today for 3-1/2 hours and then when I got home, I worked on it for another hour, and that's not counting the hour or more I worked on, it when I started it, but, the time spend was worth it, I think.

I started this one wet in wet, then I kind of skipped around fine tuning it, there are about 5 or 6 different layers everywhere, I really couldn't tell you precisely how it was painted so, I guess you will just have to attempt one that's similar yourself. This is, of course, on watercolor paper again, otherwise I wouldn't have this weird size, most of those boards that I've been using, come in regular sizes (and long and skinny isn't a regular size), I really dragged my feet getting this one done, that is, until I took it to Blue Moon with me a couple weeks ago and worked on it during the meeting, it really started to come around, it got me really interested in finishing it. So, don't let difficult scenes or paintings, intimidate you, just jump in, and keep working it, it may not work the way you want at first, but, you just have to keep trying, this is one of my favorites now, so, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment