Sunday, October 30, 2011

Painting #279 - Oct 30 - a very nice day

I know, it rained, but, my grandchildren were here and I really enjoyed seeing them, they haven't been here together for quite some time since the second oldest one, Michael, went to work, he's 17 now, hard to believe, they got here late Friday night since Mike had to work, so nice to see them, Derek is 13 (Mike's brother and my other grandson, I have 4 all together), I don't get to see the oldest one often, typical when they get older, I guess. Anyway, we didn't do much together, but nice to get to see them on and off all day, Grandpa made his famous 4 bean (now 5 bean) chili (which is a requirement when the boys come, spaghetti one night and chili the other night, and it must be Grandpa's, Grandma doesn't do it just right, I guess, oh well, that way I didn't have to cook all weekend, I didn't even have to make breakfast, since my hubby thinks it's his job to make me breakfast on Sunday's, so nice, I just lounge around and drink coffee, we did the shopping and then I painted,
I decided on this floral, I've been keeping it in the stack of pictures that I'm thinking about painting, so I finally did, it's a bit complicated, but I'll try to give you as much info as I can. I started out by painting the little blue flowers, I brushed them on with the brush strokes making the little bell, actually there were so many bells that it was a bit complicated finding them once the light lavender/blue was on, but I do believe I managed, so you must know that this is just a representation of those flowers, since I did not draw it, the flowers are not exactly like the photo, I took this photo in Holland during the tulip festival about 15 years ago, we took our Mothers with us and it was a very nice day. Anyway, I really like the color of these and the green's really look good too, after I got the flowers laid in, I went for the green and put some leaves and stems in, then it was negative painting with darker green to get the darkness behind the leaves and after than I went in with some darker purple to get the shadows in the flowers (negatively for the most part, once that was done, I went in with some white for the light on the edges of the petals (done positively, I might add, lol), any way, I really like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment