Friday, October 21, 2011

Painting #270 - Oct 21 - another late night

I am really having a tough time with this dumb sinus, I took some allergy medicine this afternoon and it wiped me out, but my eye feels better, no headache today so it must be getting better, still, I did get started late, but like I said before, all's well that ends well, I just wasn't up to a really detailed landscape today, even though I have a couple started, just couldn't wrap my head around one, so I picked some of my chickens off the shelf and a hand full of marbles and decided to do this small 4" x 4" painting of chickens and marbles, my fav's, aside from the rivers and falls and the flowers, oops, guess they are all my fav's. Well, I'm going to keep this one short tonight, since I've been running on short energy today.

I sketched the chickens on with a light wash of indian red and then the marbles, I want you to realize these chickens are really small, and the marbles are regular size (actually they are different sizes since they came out of paint cans, my husband saves them for me, love them), the background is a kleenex box box, of course I really didn't fuss too much with that, and then I decided that it was too much so I ran a damp brush over it. Since this is so small, it went rather quickly, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment