Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Painting #254 - Oct 5 - Got it together today, haven't made it to the studio though.

As soon as this is done, I'm heading to the studio for a couple hours, I have lots to do, but I did get my painting done early today, that probably won't happen often, but today is Blue Moon and I didn't want to have to paint it at Susan's, I have something else that I want to do there. I decided to finish this petunia painting that I started at the Constantine fair, well, I meant to work on it, but, I didn't like it, that was probably why I didn't want to work on it, so, I wiped it off and started over, this petunia painting was made up, although I did go out and pick a couple of flowers off my petunia's on the porch, so they aren't the same purple petunias that I started with, it went fairly fast and I'm pretty happy with the results, this is on a 5" x 5" aquabord, with the opaques, so, lets get started.

First thing I did was wipe it off, so then I got the purple out and painted over the ghost, there was a bit of residue, and I just floated the purple flower color over that, then I put the green at the top on and then placed some green for foliage at the underside of the flowers, then I concentrated on the flowers, these particular petunias are very veiney, as you can see they show up pretty good, I got the flowers in and concentrated on the negative spaces on the foliage, once that was done I floated some pink on the lightest leaves for some contrast, since there was pink in the washed out background, then, to play that down, since it was rough looking, I floated some white over it translucently so it wasn't so strong and the texture of the bord didn't come trough so much, and that was pretty much it, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment