Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Painting #267 - Oct 18 - It was a good day to paint

Well, I wasn't sure it would be a good day, I forgot to fire the kiln for the China painting class, I woke up at 2:20 and had to run down and load the kiln and do a quick fire, something about Monday was off, I just couldn't get into it yesterday, but today seemed much better, it was a lovely lunch at the H. & C. Burnside Senior Center, they had taco salad, and it was yummy. I managed to get my painting done in class today, and that's good, I had a lovely afternoon class (china painting), and so it was a lovely day.

I really enjoyed this little painting, I had a photo that was just green, the tree was the center and there was no house, so quite a bit of this was invented by me, oh yes, there wasn't any drive way either, so the tree toward the left and the one in the center were what I used from the photo and, of course, the background trees too, I really had a great time working this one up.

I started with the sky, of course, and then the background trees, I painted around the house in the midst of the trees and then the foreground, I decided it needed a driveway so I put that in and once the grass was in, I started to fine tune the background trees, I kept the house white, but decided it needed some shadows on it, and the windows. The trees needed some highlights and some darker branches, then I went in with some lighter branches for the main tree, and a stump in the grass and then a fence in the close right, I really like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment