Friday, October 28, 2011

Painting #277 - Oct 28 - another small painting today

I really squeezed this one in today, it was a very boggy day, I just couldn't get anything accomplished, well, I did move some stuff around and I did cook supper, but that's pretty much it, except for this small painting, I have several that I could have worked on but, again, I didn't leave myself enough time to complete any one of them, so I decided to do this invented rose painting, I just started with some wet in wet blobs of color, pink and dark yellow, then went in with some cobalt blue and then some yellow green, after it was dry I took my damp brush and wiped out the petals and the bowl of the roses, the blue flowers are just some imaginary bell flowers, I guess. There was no photo to look at, I completed this one out of my head, maybe you'll say "it looks like it", but I really had fun painting it, I've done this type of painting before, and I always enjoy the process, it's a lot of fun to just throw some paint on, wet in wet, and then go in and find some kind of flowers, when I do a much larger one, it gets much more intricate, but I really got into the simplicity of this one, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment