Monday, October 17, 2011

Painting #266 - Oct 17 - Wow, unwind day, I'm really tired today

I didn't wait quite as long to get my painting done, here I am, back to my old habits, although it isn't quite as late, I really had to drag my but in here to get this painting done, I really wasn't in the mood today, hopefully that won't last, just tired, I guess.

Any way, here it is, I decided to do this doorway, I've admired it for a long time, but I couldn't get my head around it, today it worked, although I was tired and I probably quit working on it a bit early, I could have fine tuned it more, but I'm so tired, just want to go to bed, so I'm just making this one short today, have to get to Coldwater tomorrow for classes and I'm hoping I can be fresh and in the mood to paint, going to be tough if I can't.

I sketched this with a light wash of paint, didn't want pencil lines, I contemplated leaving just the white of the board, but decided to paint the off white in, then I put the shadows in, and once that was laid out, I started putting in the siding on the front of the building, the doorway was next, and then the windows, I gave them a couple of different washes, they were different colors, I believe there was screen on the one right by the door. I dry brushed the siding to give it the impression that the paint was wearing off, I used a couple of different colors to achieve this. the very last thing I did was put in the small weed shapes at the very bottom, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment