Thursday, October 6, 2011

Painting #255 - another stream with rocks picture and then some

Well, I really struggled to get this one done, I had originally started one of a house and driveway in winter, but it was actually 10" x 10" and I wasn't sure I could get that one done during my china painting class (since I didn't get it done in my watercolor class today), and since I couldn't feel confident about that one, I decided to do another stream picture, well, I didn't start it until 9:30, pretty late, and I just got done with it, and it's 1:00 a.m. so that took awhile, I probably should have stuck with the house painting, oh well, done now. Well, I looked around for one of the Ampersand claybord's but I had them blocked off in the front room (my studio is a 12' x 50' trailer and I have it jam packed, I put up my drafting table the other day and the only place to set it up is right in front of the doorway to the front room, so I couldn't get the the small ones, this is a board that I coated with gesso it's about 7" x 10", not a good choice but that's the way it is, so it took too long but it's done now, while I waited for the first wash to dry (takes a bit for that since it's on gesso), I painted these 2 little strips, they were going to be book marks, maybe they still will, who knows, but I had them left over from my Strathmore Museum board that I cut my matts with, I just couldnt' waste it, and I thought I'd just do a little design, I really liked painting on it, so I kind of got wrapped up working on this instead of painting my blog painting, now I have a headache, so this is going to be short.

I started this painting by laying in a dark green at the top and worked my way down with a dark brown and then threw in some blue and green to that mix for the water, I laid in the coastal fog and purple for the rocks and the started to work on the water, when the water looked about right, I did the rocks, laying the ones in the foreground under the water is kind of fun, and the ones on top, then I did the green leaves, the leaves started to get too picky so I mushed them around with a larger brush, I like this little painting and I hope you do too, my fav is the little blue flowers though, they really were fun.



1 comment:

  1. you always do a great job! Another awesome painting and then some :)

    ReplyDelete