Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Painting #274 - Oct 25 - Class today and the outside was brought inside

What I mean by that is, I picked up a bunch of Sycamore leaves on Saturday, if you have never seen a Sycamore leaf, you wouldn't know that they weren't the largest Maple leaves that you had ever seen, that's what I thought when I saw them, and there are a tremendous bunch of Sycamore trees at Rawson's King Mill, where the PAAWM met for the paint-out last week-end, of course, I've already told you about that, but I forgot to say I picked up these leaves, now, since I picked them up, they have lost color, the very largest one was green and yellow but, sadly, now it's starting to become brown, the curled up ones were brown already when I got them, but I loved the tortured look of them, anyway, I amplified the colors so this painting wouldn't become boring with just browns and a small amount of green and yellow, so, where the leaves were brown, I warmed them up a bit with red on one and quinacradone gold on one. I just dropped the very largest one on the bottom and let them overlap, I really did ramp up the color on the yellow and green one too, I took it a bit toward the orange side here and there, I guess, since it is my painting, I can do anything I want, and that's how I see it. I really meant to work on this painting and get it done in class, well that didn't really work out, so I finished it at home, and I didn't get to making the jewelry, maybe I'll take a bit of it with me tomorrow and maybe between paintings and customers (ha), I might be able to make a few earrings tomorrow, I've been feeling like twisting wire, love that too, twisting wire that is. I have lots of paintings that I could work on besides that, so, I'm thinking that I won't be bored, what do you think of that! I like this little painting and I hope you like it too.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to viewing your pictures most every morning. They have all been great but this is one of my favorites. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great concept and very nice painting...thanks for sharing this painting...great job...:)

    ReplyDelete