Sunday, October 9, 2011

Painting #258 - Oct 9 - Sunday and the painting is skimpy - oops!

Well, I realize that I started this yesterday and I did get a late start, again, but it is Sunday, and that is my day to spend with my husband, so that means that I don't get to paint as much, it is getting late too. I did paint tho, and I did finish a painting, so, I'm good. I originally intended paint on another painting that I started last Thursday, but that is quite complicated, and I'm still suffering from the fringes of a cold that I acquired, slightly over a week and a half ago. Today I had some problems with my lungs, I am athsmatic but isn't the only thing, my sinus' have been terrible the last few days and I just can't seem to get that cleared up, so the darned cold heads right for my lungs, where I'm the most vulnerable, oh, I am not technically sick, just not at the top of my game yet, I'm sure hoping I can get that cleared up by this Friday, I am going to do some plein air painting, three whole days of it, and, out in the weeds, that may have been what started this up again (yesterday I was in the weeds at Susan's), since I am allergic to lots of pollen. So, I'm going to have to take extra allergy meds, and my breathing meds, and what ever else I have to, to make it through 3 days without caving in. I intend to have a good time, and take advantage of every min. of painting time that I can cram in.

Ok, this was started just looking at the bush outside of Sue's window, well, I did take a couple of pictures so I could finish it, but, the photo's don't help, so I basically made up what I needed, so it made a fair composition. The rose was in direct sun light, but I was on the back side of that, looking out the window, the light on the petals was very bright and it was quite striking, I'm hoping you get that by looking at this rose, the darker pink on the rose bowl is basically shadows from the petals overlaying each other, so I just painted what I saw, when the light is so bright, it fades out the pink of the rose, so that's why it looks mostly white with bits of pink.

I started with the rose, and then laid in the green for the background, I didn't want this to get too dark, but I needed some darks to make it stand out, so I lifted some color off the background and then while it was wet, went in with some dark green, then, I got into the red, the stems at the ends, where the growth was new, was redish, so I just ramped it up a bit, there isn't much more I can say about this, so, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment