Monday, October 24, 2011

Painting #273 - Oct 24 - I really worked hard at my art today

I started working on a portrait commission, I was going to see if I could get it finished for this blog, but, I knew it wasn't going to happen, at 6:30 I started fixing supper and the commission went on the back burner, out came a flower picture and the rest is history. This is going to be short again today, have to do classes tomorrow and I really need to get some sleep. I'm running out of energy anyway, besides, I have to read a couple of pages of my book, I really meant to make some earrings tonight, my supply at the Gallery is getting really low and I'll probably have to make some tomorrow night, hopefully I'll get my blog painting done in class and I can devote the evening to making a few pairs of earrings, sure do have plenty of supplies, I keep buying them, and since I started this blog, I haven't made many jewelry pieces, something I'm going to have to get after too. Seems like I really didn't plan well, no time to get anything done lately except the blog painting, and that's no one's fault but mine, if I just get up in the morning and get it done, I'd have plenty of time to do all kinds of things, including, housework, yuk!

Well, I started out with placement of the flower, then the buds, after that, I put the leaf shapes in and since this is such a simple design, I think you could figure out how things progressed, although, I did do the background somewhere half way in the middle, then, I kept changing it, I'm hoping that you can see that the background moves, ever so slightly, from a warm pinkish purple to a cool blueish purple. Then, I finished the leaves and it's a painting, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment