Saturday, October 29, 2011

Painting #278 - Oct 29 - nice day for painting

After I finally got to it, I really did get into this one, I did drag my feet a bit, but when I finally figured out which one I was doing, it went pretty good, this is another Alaska painting, the photo was taken by my friend and student, the same as the last Alaska pictures were. I really like the serenity of this one, of course this is Denali National Park, quite obvious, no where else quite looks the same, I'm hoping that someday I'll get to see it for myself, but, not sure if that will happen, so I'm really appreciating these small little scenes, for all they are worth. I had to re-do the sky a couple of times, this is on the claybord, which is a bit difficult to smooth out sometimes, I think I finally got it so it suits me, then I had to re-do the mountains since I messed them up re-doing the sky, this river is at it's low in the middle of the season, I'm sure in the spring that it's much deeper, but I really liked the way it snakes through and leaves those little thin spots where you can see the gravel underneath. I'm going to make this really short tonight, running on empty tonight, so, hope you have a great day tomorrow. I really like this little painting and I hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty painting Vivian. I love painting too, come have a look at my artwork sometime.
    Bye,
    Richard.

    ReplyDelete