Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Painting #310 - Nov 30 - Late again, with good reason

Well, it's been a stressful day, I worked on a painting before lunch, and after lunch I went over to the studio, guess what, no heat, so, I lit the furnace (good thing Jim showed me how to light it), then, I lit it again, and again, and again, over 20 times, so, when he called me to say he was on his way home, I told him the furnace wouldn't stay lit. Well, to make a long story short, we had to turn the furnace off, and put in a space heater, it just won't stay lit, and when it did light, it made a boom, scared me, so he was checking it out and there is a crack in the furnace block (I am sure I don't have that one correct, but you get the idea, it is really messed up), so he's checking on a furnace tomorrow, so the space heater is going to have to do for now, so I think I will be canceling my painting classes for tomorrow, the space heater is a kerosene heater and it isn't really working well either, it smells really bad, and I think I will be replacing it with the other heater that he has burning in the basement, it doesn't smell, so that's my plan, if he won't move it, I will, we don't really heat the basement, he was burning the fuel off, a few years ago, he loaned it to his mother and she put some bad fuel in, so we are cleaning that one up and I think that one will work better, it is doing a fine job in the basement. I also told him that if the furnace costs too much, that I'm thinking that we will replace the trailer (it's really old and rickety anyway), we looked at a couple this spring and he wouldn't pay $3,000 for one that was almost perfect for what I would have used it for, so, now we will just have to see.

Well, as a result, there was too much left to paint on the one that I was working on before lunch, so I got out a flower picture, and decided on this one of crocus, I'm really thinking spring here, yesterday was our first snow, and it's nasty! I'm ready for spring already, so this it the one for today, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment