Friday, November 11, 2011

Painting #291 - Nov 11 - A bit of an organizational day

Not that I'm organized, far from it, but, my art books were is such a sad state, I had them stacked every which way, and if I tried to find one particular book, well, forget that, I am terrible about art books, I really have a hard time when it comes to books, especially art books, I think I have over 600, I'm pretty sure of it, well, I have a book shelf at the studio (so I can access them while I'm working), well, I'm good at getting them out but putting them back, well, they get shoved and stacked instead of inserted, know what I mean? So, I got that a bit organized, and got my pastels out, want to do something with those for a while tomorrow, so much I want to do and I seem always to run out of time, well, I'm going to try, maybe have a pastel tomorrow, who knows.

Today, I decided to do the floral again, love this peony, I have some of the old fashioned ones (not the double ones), but they are pink, these are a creamy yellow, the sun was shining so brightly that the edges looked white, love it, I did paint this in about an hour, it's on 4" x 4" aquabord, it mixed the yellow with white to get the shape of the flower, I really started with placing the center of the flower then started laying in the petals, the middle tone green was floated around the flower, then I negatively found the leaves by painting some darker green around the flower, the petals were enhanced by some yellow mixed with some pink and gray green, then I went in with white and lifted the petal edges, then pulled the white in ripples pulling it toward the center, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment