Thursday, November 3, 2011

Painting #283 - Nov 3 - got lots done but little to show for it.

Class day today in Marshall, it always starts out with china painting class, I really didn't get to paint much but I got a plate measured out for a very complicated design, and it took quite a while, hopefully it will be wonderful when it's done, when I do get it done, maybe I'll show you.

Then, we have watercolor class in the afternoon, well, I got 3 started, but nothing finished, mostly because I was demonstrating quite a lot, showing them how I would do it, that really helps them figure out how to proceed. Well, since I didn't finish in the afternoon, I had to work on it during my evening class, which didn't start out too well (painting wise that is), I did a lot of talking, and so did they. Well, finally I decided to jump on these California poppies (which really makes it 4 paintings I started today, and only finished one, oh well, they will get done another day).

They can be many colors, usually you think of them as being a simple little orange flower, but, these were pink, white, orange, and yellow, I did have fun painting them, once I figured out what to paint, they went fairly quickly, good thing or I'd still be painting, took me about an hour and 15 min., but I got one done, that's what counts. I just got out the indian yellow and and some cadmium orange, I got some permanent rose and some of the Jauan Brilliant #1, I just painted in the flowers and then went in with some green for the background, the leaves of these flowers are very fern like, so I tried to indicate that without too much detail, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment