Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Painting #281 - Nov 1 - It's another pink day

I think this one is the pinkest, literally, it's so pink it's day-glow. A few months ago, I ordered some paint, a new brand that I hadn't heard of before, when the box came, the total contents of this box were covered with this day-glow hot pink, you can't imagine how awful this looked, luckily, all the stuff was wrapped in plastic, so nothing was ruined, what happened was that the shipping company had delivered the box upside down, and the paint was on the top, well, the hot pink tub ruptured and, evidently, the box was heavy enough (I had ordered a bunch of those Aquabords and Claybords for my blogging operation), that they had to roll the box instead of picking it up, which really spread the paint all over everything, the tub of paint was, of course, replaced by the Company I ordered it from, so there was a bit left in the tube, and now I have another tube, well, this paint is so hot and bright that this is the first painting that I used it on, but it's perfect for this painting, the light was so bright and it showed through the petals which made them glow, wow, it really made these petals pop, now, I'll have to figure out something else to use this color with, it's even more intense than Holbine's Opera, and that's pretty intense.


The first thing I did with this is draw the shape of the flowers, I just didn't want to rely on getting the shapes right just jumping in with the paint. then I just painted a layer of Flamingo pink (a Cheap Joe's paint - American Journey) and a bit of yellow for the throats, I also used a purple (reddish) that I don't know what the company is, and a bit of periwinkle blue (another Cheap Joe's American Journey paint), then the green was a mixture. I decided to put a purple/gray mix in the background, which was flat at first, when I got the flowers the way I wanted them I decided to lighten the background a bit in the upper right corner, mostly so I could darken the other corners up to make the flowers pop, then I went in with some green and some darker purple to indicate that it was among a bunch of these (Snap Dragons if you couldn't tell), and it's looks good to me, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment