Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Painting #288 - Nov 8 - lots of fun today

After watching the demonstration last night at SWMWS (watercolor club), my friend Carol thought that it would be a great idea if I would demo what we learned last night during our local watercolor class, well, mine doesn't look exactly like Don's, but it was really fun to do, he says that he usually starts out by making a value study, well, I skipped that part, I probably would have done better if I had done a value study, I do like to do them, but, the class was all primed for me to paint, so, I found a photo in my bag that had some colors and a house, enough to get me going, of course, I changed the shape of the house and I didn't see a barn, but it really kind of needed the barn, so I improvised a barn, well, this was so much fun, I just got carried away, Don, you do yours, your way, and I'll do mine, my way, I really enjoyed the little added things that made it for me, like the orange branches at the top of the trees and some of the little other things I did to pull it together for me, like the drive way, this was a lot of fun, all bright colors, straight from the tube, basically, the paint was really thick and straight onto dry paper, thinking of the color, you have to make sure you don't put orange and blue straight together, they would make brown, but buffer it with some green and then yellow then to the orange, really works, the part that really got me was when I figured out how to make it mine, like the branches, he used just a flat brush, but I did change that out and use a liner, I like the feel of the liner and so I used one. the windows in the house and some stuff that was leaning on the house, the drive, and then the boards on the barn and the standing seam roof, like I said, I really loved painting this and I hope you like it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment