Friday, November 4, 2011

Painting #284 - Nov 4 - An Unusual day, good but unusual

The portrait that I did a little over a week ago is gone, well, it was a commission, it took me a long time to get into it, I started it 3 times, not counting the 4th, which was quite a job, worked on it all day a week ago Wednesday, but it got done, I worried that she would think it was too dark and fussed about it for a over a week, but she liked it, said it looked like her, well, she also said it was big, I guess she was expecting one of my 6" x 6", she bought a 10" square frame to put it in and it was matted to 11" x 14", so, she had this frame and now I am doing another portrait of her grandchild, well, I don't know what got into me, I just felt like painting that portrait, I worked on it for several hours, I started it twice, once on paper, but I didn't like that pose, so, I started this one, it's on claybord, it's 5" x 5", the frame she bought had a wonderful mat already in and we might as well use that, it's going to really look nice in that frame and I will put it in the frame for her since I brought it home. I knew I'd have trouble making it smooth enough, and it does look just a little blotchy to me, but, that was what I managed today, I'm tired, and need to get to bed so I'm going to make this short, I really need to start these major projects earlier so I don't make this blog operation so late, well, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment