Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Painting #303 - Nov 23 - another floral

Today's painting is the demo painting I was working on for my last Months Sturgis class, we worked on it in class and I was showing them how to work it up to a finished painting, I probably had about 2-1/2 or so hours in it before I started working on it today. I was going to finish the landscape that I had started yesterday, but, the floral was what caught my eye and the brush wouldn't let me change venue's, so, I finished this one first, I did work on the landscape but it's not finished yet, I will try to get it finished tomorrow.

Of course, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I have to bake some pies tonight, I will be heading to the store as soon as this is finished, I had the request for pumpkin and I evidently forgot to pick up a can. I have all kinds of other pies, and I will probably fix one but, the pumpkin is a Thanksgiving staple, and I can't believe that I forgot to pick it up.

I really re-did the background, it was too flat, so I gave it another layer of paint then I splattered, I splattered with the blue and then I splattered with water, then it was too picky, so I smoothed out one section, the section at the top, now it makes me happier. I really put the detail in the flowers, they were flat when I started and the leaves were flat, and dull, so I darkened them up and since I had laid in the green before, I didn't want it that dark, so I added some opaque to the tips of a couple of the leaves and the sides of the stems. I really like this painting (I would say little but, it's a 1/4 sheet of watercolor paper, this is painted translucently, with the exception of the tips of the leaves and the stems), and I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment