Saturday, November 19, 2011

Painting #299 - Nov 19 - Almost there, only 66 more to go

I'm short timing it, I've been thinking of what I'll do when the year is over, I doubt that I will obligate myself to painting one a day, I'm feeling the strain of this obligation, not that I'm unhappy with the painting, I'm just feeling the pressure of having to do it, sometimes I'm lazy (and that's why I decided to do this), I've really neglected my other things I do, like knitting, and the jewelry, I haven't made any jewelry for almost a year, and my supplies at the Gallery are really getting low. But, aside from that, I want to do something, I'm thinking that I'll (maybe), paint everyday, but not to finish one, but maybe just show you the progress each day, then show you the completed piece, hopefully one a week, that way I can work on larger pieces and enter some competitions, I don't think these small paintings would make a very big impact on a competition, so, that's the game plan at this point, I have so many paintings that need finished, so, I think I might start with those, I do have a show coming up in August of 2012, so I must work toward that, and I'll be thinking about the one that I have scheduled for 2013 at Pierce Cedar Creek, I will be doing a big bunch of Michigan Landscapes and flowers, so, I do have my work cut out for me, I must paint, so paint I will.

This painting is from the Rawson's King Mill, it was taken during the paint out we did a few weeks ago. We were packing the car up and noticed this little lane and this row of trees, I really liked the main one there in the foreground, so this was my choice today, I cleaned all morning and half the afternoon (my cousin and I are chatting just now), kind of whipped, but I made it, I did get this started just about the time they got here, so I finished it about quarter to ll:00 and I'm going to make this short, we are having a dinner tomorrow for our Thanksgiving with my cousin and my family, maybe we'll have Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving too, who knows who will be here, any way, I'm tired and I think I'll head to bed, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment