Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Painting #309 - Nov 29 - A good day to paint but a poor day for travel

What I mean by that is that it was really raining this morning on my way to the Senior Center for classes, once in class I didn't notice what it was doing outside until about 3:30, it started snowing, and it snowed and snowed. By 5:30 it was about 5 or 6 inches deep and the roads were a mess, it usually takes me about 15 min. to get home from Coldwater and it took me slightly over half an hour, so, I didn't go out again once I got here, and if it doesn't melt much, I won't be going anywhere tomorrow either. Well, that will be a good reason to get started working on that portrait.

Today's painting is a photo that my friend Edith gave me, it's on a 5" x 7" Aquabord, the first one I painted was painted on a 1/2 sheet of watercolor paper, when I was looking for something to paint today, it just seemed to say "maybe you should paint a small one and see how that goes", so, that's what I did. I like the misty effect in the distance, and it really went very well, I probably have about 3 hours in this one.

I'm going to make this short today, I've got some TV to watch, I'm addicted to "the Universe" and any thing that is Geological, I really love watching the History channel or H2 (which is the old History International) and the Science channel, I can watch these same shows over and over, so, I must watch, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment