Monday, November 7, 2011

Painting #287 - Nov 7 - Such a busy day, getting lots done and SWMWS meeting tonight

Well, I knew I was going to have to be organized today, I forgot to go the the meeting last month because I was working in the studio and lost track of what day it was, I have a backup plan for today, my friend Carol is supposed to call and remind me at about 4:00 this afternoon, I do remember today though, but just in case I do get engrossed, she'd better still call me, I'm heading over to the studio now to work up a painting for the Arts Alive display, the theme this time is Eat Drink and be Merry, I have an idea, but I may not get it done today, we'll see, hopefully I will manage to come up with something unique.

The painting for today was a demonstration for the Thursday watercolor group, they are trying to get some Christmas cards done and Pat was trying to paint this one so I demo'd it, I changed it up quite a bit, I didn't want it to be the exact same, I decided to put the sun in, obviously this is early morning, and cold, brrrrrrr! I used the basic formula that she was working on but I decided to make the snow reflect the color of the early sunshine and to put the sun in the picture and to blur out the trees right in front of it. I also put in some extra branches and left out some things, so this has become my painting, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment