Saturday, November 12, 2011

Painting #292 - Nov 12 - got a late start but happy with the results

The day started out pretty good, I got over to the studio about 12:20 or so, and, because it was a mess, I moved stuff around and organized the main room (my class room), put stuff away, moved the frames and framing stuff into the back room so it wasn't taking up so much space, then I decided to do some color swatches of my pastels, I just ordered some new ones (I've had lots of pastels, I used to just paint pastels and only painted the watercolor when I went to workshops), but my main pastels were Rembrandt, I've drooled over the schminke pastels, but couldn't afford them, and the Senellier pastels, so I ordered some half stick sets and decided that I just had to do the color swatches, so I did all of them every one I had, when I was done with that, I started a painting, of course it was then time to cook supper, so I didn't get to work on it again tonight, so, I got the one out that I had half done (that's what I thought, except that I re-did the whole thing), so it took me a bit longer than I intended, but it's done and now I don't have to look at the blobs anymore.

I've been looking at this painting for 3 weeks, I started it at the paint out with PAAWM at Rawson's King Mill in Leonidas. This was the first one I started, but the cows weren't cooperative, so I gave up on it and painted across the lake, I really wasn't happy with much of it, I have re-painted the whole thing, I changed the sky, it was too busy, I re-vamped the house, I re-did the pasture, I re-did the cows, and I re-did the pond and trees. I really got in to doing the pasture, when I started to negatively paint the light instead of painting the dark shadow, before I did that I really changed the sky and house, I added a field in the far distance then put in the trees at the house level, after I got the pasture like I wanted, I worked on the cows, they were just blobs before, now they look like cows, then I worked the pond, the water was so still that it looked stilted, so, I rippled it a bit and made the reflections wave a bit, then to cover up the reflection of the tree in the foreground I added some close up weeds, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment