Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Painting #282 - Nov 2 - It was a very nice day

I'm going to make this short, I'm a bit late getting to Blue Moon, haven't heard from them to say it wasn't going, so I guess I'm just a bit late then, so this will be quick. I kind of decided on this, one reason is that it is Fall and that time of year, but I have been intrigued by the misty quality of these fall photo's, this may not show that as much as I intended, but I think it works.

I always start with the sky, I laid in a quick wash of the tree colors, yellow and orange at the top and kind of a purple gray to indicate the tree branches far away, then some green and yellow, then I put in the foreground green and yellow ochre, when that was dry, I put in the fence posts, and the tree, I decided to try to enhance it with a bit of pastel, I did rub it in quite a bit, so it's very smooth, I finished off by darkening the shadows under the fence posts and the gate, I like this little painting and I hope you do too, got to go, it's Blue Moon night.

No comments:

Post a Comment