Sunday, November 20, 2011

Painting #300 - Nov 20 - Whew! made 300 - and we even had company for dinner today.

Here it is only 8:00 p.m. and my painting is finished, I can't believe that I actually got it done already. I started it this morning while I was waiting for other stuff to get cooked, I had it about 3/4 done before anyone even got here, so I'm very happy about that, I'd like to keep this practice up, I'm going to try.

This is the autumn landscape that I thought about doing last Tuesday, well, I think it's been enough time now that I could do it. I really liked the colors of this one, so that's the one I chose.

The sky is very small here so it went quickly, then I charged in with the yellow and orange, I mixed a bit of red in and then added a bit of Jauan Brilliant to knock it down to a dull pink, then the green, then the water reflection, once the reflection was right (now remember this is just the underpainting), I put in the blue, green and so on for the lower water area. then the banks. That had to dry before I started the leaf detail, then it's pretty much just adding more leaves of different values and the tree trunks, then I really brought up the water detail since I had to overlap the leaves, then I put the rocks in, and fine tuned it with more leaves, and ta da! It's a painting, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment