Friday, September 30, 2011

Painting #249 - Sept 30 - A still life tonight

Again, I didn't leave myself much time to paint this, I've had some phone issues, mostly DA attacks, you can't carry your phone under your arm with a bunch of other things and a glass of water in the same hand and then try to open your car door, something about that, well, luckily I had an older phone for a backup, so I spent a couple hours going through my phone numbers to make sure I didn't leave anyone out, so, finally done, then hubby came home, and then dinner, so I was late getting started again, I know, it's a bad habit, I will try to work on it, I do really need to get to the studio tomorrow, a painting must be finished for the Park Club competition, I really am trying to get out in this art world, and the only way I'm going to do that is get out there and do as much as I can, if it doesn't kill me. I did get the call put in the Pierce Cedar Creek Institute, I did get registered for the 3 day PAAWM Plain Air Retreat, I can hardly wait, I spent a good amount of time trying to get a call put through, the number I had was for Barb at Pierce Cedar Creek, and she was out of the office today, I called Richard, and he steered me in the right direction, so I got it all done, and we are going (Susan and I, that is). I will check to see if they have WiFi, if they don't I may have to do the blog when I get back, so we will see.

I got these fruits at Meijer a couple days ago, they are really strange looking, they are called Apple Pears, they had really brown speckled skin when I got them, in the refrigerator drawer, they did turn a bit yellow, but they still were very speckled. I attempted to eat the skins the first time, and that was not good, the skin is really tough and unappealing, so I was pealing this apple pear and it looked good enough to paint (to me), so I took some photo's, in several different directions, and different groupings, and this is the one that I chose for today. I may do some other ones, but for now I'll just concentrate on this one.

I started by drawing on the claybord, I laid in the position of the plate and the knife, then I drew the circles (and partial circles), for the apple-pears, then I just laid in the colors of the fruit, then, the brown for the plate, I tossed around weather I would use the design of the table cloth or not, then decided to use it, I liked the fall colors with it, so, that was how I started it. I pretty much filled in all the areas with the local colors, then I let that dry, I splattered the fruit, of course I did that way too early and had to do it again, but I did like the effect. Then I just worked around fine tuning it until it was as good as I could make it, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment