Monday, September 19, 2011

Painting #238 - Sept 19 - It was a Demo night

The Demo was for the Branch County Art Guild, we had a mini workshop and it was very successful, the demo was this painting, I also started 2 others, but I didn't complete any of them at the demonstration, I did show them how I worked, and hopefully they will be able to figure it out, the surface I demonstrated was the Ampersand Claybord, I was pretty sure that non of them had tried it before, so that was what I did. It was also a successful night for a sale, one of my previous students bought 4 of my small blog paintings, so I am very happy about that.

I started showing them how I did the sky, I usually do that in the first wash, sometimes I don't have to do anything else to it, once in a while though, I have to fix it a bit, like this one tonight, the right top corner was too dark so I took some water and smoothed it out and it melted into the clouds. This is a very early spring picture so I was trying to give it that airy kind of mostly branches look, I think it works. I warmed it up a bit and when I got home finished it, it took another 2 hours to finish this one. I will have to work on one of the other two tomorrow and see how that goes, I sure like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment