Thursday, September 22, 2011

Painting #241 - The last of the Monday Demo starts

This is the third painting that was started Monday at the Branch County Art Guild, I finally got it finished, although, I think I should get some pictures of goats to figure out how the legs would go, the goat in front was behind another goat, but I didn't have room to put all three goats in and I liked the way the 2 goats were posed next to each other. I think it's looks OK but I am sure it could use a bit of tweaking.

First of all, I started with the goats, I got the shapes set down so I then painted the sky and mountains and grasses and trees in behind them, I wasn't sure about the roofing that they were laying on, but then decided to lay it in loosely. That was the first layer, then it sat for a couple days while I finished the others, today, I re-did the sky and mountains, I still wasn't totally happy with those so when I got home (it was class day in Marshall), I started by re-painting the sky and mountains, the green was ok, but I had to darken up the distant trees behind the goats. Once I got the background the way I wanted it, I started to work up the goats, first the one behind, he's not quite as detailed as the front one is, but that's OK. I didn't have much time in class today to work on this, I was helping the girls quite a bit, but I did finish it at the studio when my other class came in, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment