Friday, September 9, 2011

Painting #228 - Sept 9 - Another Alaska painting

I ran short of time again today, getting ready to go to Constantine tomorrow for an art fair, had to get the oil in my car changed and the car washed (really looked bad), and my hubby had to take the seats out of my van and put the tent in and the tables and painting racks, so, now in the morning I will load the painting and everything else I need and, hopefully, make a little more money, I really have lots of paintings now, for sure.

I decided to do the sister to the one that I did yesterday, I think it's the same river, just from a different standing point. I enjoyed the simplicity of yesterday's so much, that I decided to do the other one today, I have another Alaska photo for tomorrow, if it works out that I get to paint, I'm going to try while we are there, hopefully it won't rain like it did at the White Pigeon art fair three weeks ago, my paintings got wet that day, I know she wasn't happy that I took my stuff down early, but I'm not going to let my stuff get rained on and ruined.

I did this painting about the same way I did yesterday's, I painted in the sky, only this time, I used straight sky blue (an American Journey watercolor), and then swooped in with some white for clouds, love how they make the clouds all my itself, it's amazing to watch, I'm using the Ampersand Aquabord again today. Then, while it was still wet, went in with the middle tone green for the tree line, I then laid in the wet sand and the foreground rocks to create the shape of the water, then the water was floated in. When that was dry, I just started to do the fine tuning, which entails making the tree trunks, putting leaves on top of some, and out on the sky to make leaf shapes, and then the water was painted in using another American Journey color that is similar to the sky blue only darker, and in the dark parts, with Prussian blue, I went back and forth with lighter blue and darker blue to make the water movements. The rocks were laid in at the same time the sand was, but I went back with light gray, then white and darker on the sides away from the sun, then the last part, I went in with very dark to separate the rocks, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment