Saturday, September 3, 2011

Painting #222 - Sept 3 - kind of a lazy day

Sure didn't accomplish much today, got on the computer and that's where I spent most of the day, I was scanning my computer and while I was doing that, I got hooked on a game, Bejeweled 3, the quest, I had tried it before and didn't understand it, but now I do and once I made it through the first level, I was on a mission, I just couldn't stop playing, not a good thing, I didn't even stop to cook supper (we ate left overs), I did get some of the junk out of the garage though, my dear brother-in-law came over with the truck and a trailer, and we got rid of some of the stuff, I guess we really need my husband to be here so he can figure out what goes and what doesn't, well, I made a few decisions and we'll just live with it. So, I didn't get on the painting operation until 9:30, so I did it again, chose a lightweight scene that doesn't take much to finish, I hope I can get myself back in the groove of this pretty soon, just in a bit of a slump I guess.

this is a very misty scene, and if you couldn't tell, it's in the smokey mountains, we went to North Carolina back in 1990 and this is when this photo was taken (even though I'm sure this was taken in Tennessee), we went through there on the way back. I felt it needed something, so I added some cows, they aren't very big and not very detailed, but they kind of look like they might be cows, that's all I was looking for. Once the cows were in, I decided to spatter the foreground to make it look like flowers and, ta da! It's finished, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment