Thursday, September 8, 2011

Painting # 227 - Sept 8 - A WOW day

I mean WOW too, I sold a painting for $500, so happy, I volunteered it cheaper, but, she said I should get the $500. I'm so glad, I have to find the money for propane for my heat at the studio, I ran out in the spring, and it's set there all summer empty, now I can get propane. That will only last for about 6 or 8 weeks, depending on how cold it gets but that's better than nothing, I should have money coming from the last show I did, when I sold the $330., they are supposed to take the taxes out and the commission, I should get about $280.00, when it's all said and done. The other thing I need money for is the donation of a tile for the Tibbits, Blue Moon Art Group is donating a tile for the Tibbits renovation, that's $1000, so my share is $250.00, now I can do it, thank goodness.

Well, on with the show. My painting today is another Alaska photo, the same set of pictures that I got from my student who's daughter lives up there, she went this summer for 3 weeks. I chose this one because I liked the river, the photo is much darker and doesn't really show much detail in the far bank, so I lightened it up a bit, of course I started with the sky, there is a small hill in the background, you really can't see it, it blends in with the trees, but I did try, I guess I don't really care if it shows up or not, I like the way it looks, I've pretty much decided that I'm really enamored with the landscape, more specifically, the river scenes and the falls, I have really enjoyed those. While the sky was wet, I went in with a bluish green and put the hill in, then the green for the trees. I put the bank in the foreground in so I could capture the shape of the water and then I put the blue in for the water, the rocks were fun and I just kept moving around fine tuning here and there until it was done, I did this in class today, only 3 students today, so I might be able to actually paint on china tonight for the china painting class, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

1 comment: