Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Painting #247 - Sept. 28 - Water scene for today

The photo for this painting was taken on Central Road at one of the small bridge overpasses, the exact same place that one of my other paintings was done, this just happens to be the other side of the dam. Obviously, I liked this one because of the scum and lily pads, that log that's submerged in the water, wasn't too bad either, love that stuff. I had originally started this last Friday, it was going to be my blog painting, remember, this was the day that I went to Columbia City, Indiana, to my friend's to paint, well, I started this one first, but the rocks and the small falls really got me that day, so this finally got done today, I had Gallery day today, then classes this evening for the Sturgis group, so I had time to finish this while I was working, I also worked on a couple of others but I will finish them later.

I really don't have sky in this one, so the green and blue were my main colors, I did lay in the log in a light brown, so I didn't loose track of it. Today, I just started at the top, and laid in some lily pads and some blue for the water, and just worked my way forward, the water was first, then I laid in the lily pads over the top of the water to clean up the edges (I am using the opaques again, or should I say still), once I got the water pretty close (I did do a bit of fine tuning at the end), I started working on the log, I used some purple with the gray, then some darker gold for the the log under the water, then I was trying to get the effect of the sunshine, I think this works, like I said, I did fine tune the lily psds and the dragon's tongue, that pretty much did it for me, I like this little painting, & I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment