Sunday, September 11, 2011

Painting 230 - Sept 11 - my day of rest

We had a family reunion today, I really didn't do much, slept in a bit, but it really didn't feel like enough, drank my pot of coffee, then went to the reunion, when I got home, all I could think of was a nap, well, it's a lazy day and I had a dish cloth to finish (I knit them), then once that was done, I got out the painting stuff, I really didn't feel like painting the flower painting that I started yesterday, so I decided to do this little landscape, it went very well, and since it's only a 4" x 4" painting, it went very quickly. I struggled a bit with the corn, I wasn't sure it looked like corn, but, my husband assured me that it did.

I started with the sky, sky blue and then charged in with white and let the clouds make themselves. While it was still wet, I put in the green at the top of the field and the trees in the background, bringing the green down the right side and the green in the corn, then I put in the roof line and the small bits of white for the building at the right, then the little dirt drive going along the side of the corn. I let that dry and then proceeded to put some layers of different values of greens for the trees and the corn, then I laid in the golden tone for the corn tops and once that was dry, I worked on the drive, I spattered some light and dark spots for the stones (I used Jaune Brilliant #1 for the light, and the darker color was a bit of purple mixed with Costal Fog), I love spattering for the gravel. Then I put some darker green to make stripes to indicate that the corn field went on and on, and then some golden ochre mixed with the Jaune Brilliant for the tops of the corn, I put some darkness in the corn for depth and then layered some lighter color of green for the corn leaves (these are very small), once that was done I put in a few tree branches and then layered more light green on top to finish, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment