Friday, September 16, 2011

Painting 235 - Sept 16 - Another small art show today

It was the annual Goldwing bike club event in Coldwater tonight, so the Arts Alive group set up some art at Air Way Oxygen, there was also a bike poster for everyone to paint on, and everyone was encouraged to paint part of it, it was kind of fun seeing all the different people crowding around picking up colorful markers and putting their mark on the Goldwing bike poster, all in all, it was a good night, not much sales, but that's ok, people were watching me paint, maybe someday they will buy some, one can only hope.

I decided to paint a floral, this one was a photo that my friend and student, Pat gave me, I think this snowball bush is in her yard, not totally sure though. This one was so green, I decided that it would be a good thing to put some other color accent in, so I put some ladybugs in, I didn't want them to jump out at you, so I put them on the green leaves instead of on the flower, they aren't the focus, just a small accent.

I started this one by putting in a pale green wash where the snowballs were, then some darker green for the area around them, when that was dry, I wiped out some petals in the pale green wash, I thought that might be enough highlight, but I re-evaluated that and decided to add white, so I made the petals then went in with with lighter green to accent that, there is about 3 or 4 layers of green on the flowers, I really didn't focus on the leaves, they were really in a much darker green so I just focused on the flower, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment