Monday, September 5, 2011

Painting #224 - Spent the day with my Husband

Well, we went shopping (groceries), and then we drove to Albion to look at a truck (just looking, then we drove trough Albion, to see the park and look for suitable painting reference, we didn't find anything, but it was a nice drive and I was spending quality time with Jim (Hubby), we haven't had much quality time lately, he's a mechanic (semi's and farm equipment), and he's working long hours lately, last week he didn't get home until after 8:30 or 9:00 every night, so we needed that time together, even though it wasn't much it was very nice.

So, I didn't get to the painting until about 9:00, my choice today was based on the paper I decided to use, I had a piece of watercolor paper that I had collaged oriental papers on, this surface is really good for doing rocks, the rocks almost paint themselves. This photo is one of many that were taken on the North Carolina trip 21 years ago (when I was just beginning to date my husband), I went with my Sister and her husband for a week, we stayed on the Cherokee Indian Reservation and had a great time, that was also when we did the white water rafting, you saw one of those pictures over a month ago.

I started with the rocks, of course, much easier to place the rocks and then put the water in, and since this is just rocks and water, I spent a lot of time getting the rocks just so, then I laid in the darker part of the water, and the foam was put in last, of course I worked back and forth, shadows in the water and the white laid on top, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment