Sunday, September 4, 2011

Painting #223 - Busy day today

This day started out slow, but then when we got started, it really took off, we are canning tomatoes today, this is going to be short since we still have to put them in the jars and hot water bath them. I painted this off and on since about 4:00 this afternoon, most of it since about 8:30.

I did take a short nap after the tomatoes were in the pot, since I did stay up too late last night, and up at my regular time this morning. I thought that since I've taken the easy way out the last couple of days that I would do one that was a bit more complicated today. This is the St. Joe River at Litchfield, I took it when I went there, a couple years ago, to pick up a painting that was entered in the members show (Hillsdale County Art Guild). I really took most of the photos of the Litchfield Mill but this one was very nice, so this is it for today. I decided to use the Ampersand Aquabord for today's painting, and of course, the opaque watercolors.

I laid in the green and brown for the water and the trees in the background, then, when that was dry, I started to work on the water and trees in the foreground, but before I got into the leaves of those trees, I finished up the tree shapes and the background water reflections, then I worked on the foreground water until it met my criteria for reflections on the water and sunlight. Once that was done, I started on the foliage of the major tree on the right side, then I worked on the branches on the dead trees in the water and finally, the tree branches leaning over the water on the left side and the foreground weeds, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment