Sunday, September 25, 2011

Painting #244 - Alaska again, someday I might go there

Alaska, someplace I've always wanted to visit, haven't had the time to make it yet, but I'm still ambulatory, my husband has been there, he was a trucker for a while and made it up there when they were building the pipeline, it was almost finished so he was only there for a short while, but I'd love to get up there, at this point, we can't afford it, he has a job and can't take the time off when it would be passable, I'm sure winter wouldn't be a good time, and at this point, that would be the only time he could go, oh well, someday (if I'm lucky).

These are some flowers that grow up there, I don't know what they are, and my color is off, I probably should have used regular paper and transparent watercolor, I might have been able to get closer to the right color, but this looks pretty anyway. This is a combination of a couple different scenes, all put together, the pink flowers were all by themselves, but I liked the contrast of the other purple flowers, and, in my photo of the pink flowers, that's all you see, so I took another photo and put the sky and mountain range in, there was some turquoise in there, I don't know if it's water or not, but, I made it water, behind the flowers, I don't think I'll try explaining how I approached this except that I put the sky, and mountains in first, then laid in the flowers, then lots of negative painting, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

1 comment: