Monday, May 30, 2011

Painting #126, lazy day today

The family gathering was yesterday, so, today was just laze around, didn't get dressed until after 1:00 p.m. (closer to 2:00), had things I should have done and didn't, what's new about that. I got to painting about 4:30 and worked on it until just a few minutes ago (11:00 p.m.), I didn't work at it steady, kept taking breaks, watched bits of Star Trek (a marathon today and yesterday, my favorite), and knitting, think I'm getting tired, can't come up with anything new and different, so I'm thinking I need to go through the photo's again, and maybe take some painting excursions, get some inspiration. We (Arts Alive), are sponsoring a paint out in Coldwater on June 11th, so maybe I'll get a painting there, I surely can hope.

It's flowers today, I've painted several paintings of petunia's, I like painting them, so, that was my desire today, I thought about another one of those fall pictures like yesterday's, but decided to give it a couple days.

This painting is started with the transparent watercolors, its 1/4 sheet, larger than my usual blog paintings, but I had a bit of a start on this one and decided to finish it. I also decided to gesso the edges and to put some interesting holes in, the background that I had on was just uninteresting, once I did the corners and got an interesting shape, then I got interested in finishing it. I did use the opaque paints to finish it, there wasn't much done before, just the first wash, I did all the negative painting of the leaves, I do love to take a shape and find those leaves, once those were painted, I fine tuned the flowers. I like this painting and I hope you do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment