Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Painting #120, work day today

Well, back to the grind, classes again today, a week off and I didn't get any rest! Not one single day did I get to sleep in, the workshop was wonderful, and the Art & Flowers show was good, then I spent Monday (my usual day to sleep in) with my friend in Indiana, well, I'm back at waiting until the last minute to get my painting done, having issues with this computer now, something is screwy in Denmark! I'm trying to download my McAfee total protection and my download time is so slow that it shuts itself off, so at this point I'm without it. I'm going to try downloading it when it isn't so late, I'm getting frustrated. I'm beginning to wonder if my Husband is correct, that all computers should be dismantled and buried, you guessed it, he isn't into computers. I have my painting done, it took me a while, I really like painting on the gesso so I went for the 10" x 10" again, my subject matter is somewhat complicated again, not as precise as yesterday's but still enough, I used a compilation of about 4 photo's, I put pieces of 4 different photo's in this to make my composition, I like it, just getting tired, need a nap, lol.

My painting today was started with the clapboard, then I decided to do the doorway, I started with the dark and moved forward, then I moved a wagon in and had to flip that so it pointed into the picture, the goose and the flowers on the right was from another little photo (same place, just couldn't get all the stuff this place had in one photo, if I had, it would have been too small and much less interesting. I moved on to the chair and the birdhouse and wreath, and finally fine tuned the walkway in the foreground, it was actually just concrete stepping stones but I decided to put in flags, once I had everything in, I started to fine tune the edges of everything, and then I painting the dark window in front of the chair and stuff, once I had that in I put some lighter twiggy things on the wreath, and I'm calling this one done, I like it, and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment