Friday, May 13, 2011

Painting #108, this is April 12th's painting

I was all set to blog this, tried to get on and Google had it locked down for repair, so this will be short since I have to finish the painting for today which is the 13th. I tried to get it done this morning but it was still out, don't know when it got back on line but it finally is.

This was done partly in class yesterday and partly when I got home, when I'm teaching, I have a hard time completing my painting, so many questions and needs, have to help the girls, so I usually finish it during the china painting class when I get home, I know, it's not quite right, I should be china painting during class, but it's mostly my sister and my daughter, Susan is my only other student and she doesn't seem to mind that I'm painting watercolors instead of china.

Yesterday, I felt like painting the Bird of Paradise, my parents took this photo back in 1972 at my Aunt Eulah's home in Pompano Beach, Fl. I used a close up of a calendar Bird of Paradise, since I don't have access to a real plant, but this composition is all mine, I didn't use the photo of the calendar, only for information, because the photo was small and I couldn't really see the detail, when I blew it up, I knew I would need some better information, lucky for me that my friend and student, Edith, had one. I like this painting and I sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment