Friday, May 13, 2011

Painting #109, the days are too short

As per, I didn't get this done until late again, don't know what to do about it either, I guess the point is that I got it done, and all's well.

I should have been preparing for that portrait workshop I'm scheduled for next week, but no, I did all kinds of other stuff, and I'm scheduled to work at the gallery tomorrow, so, I'm hoping that I can manage to get 2 blog paintings done, so I can work on the oil painting stuff Sunday.

I did a small one today, out of my head, you may decide it looks like it, I was at the studio and didn't have access to a knife and I wanted one in the painting, so I made it up. I've enjoyed the slightly abstract still life's lately, so I decided to try another, the colors are a lot more muted in this one. There is some crayon in there and some scratching, and of course, some opaques, I thought the background was to ho hum, so I stripped it and I liked it a lot better, other than that, I finished up the pears and called it good, I like this little painting and hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment