Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Painting #113, We are still doing oil

Today's portrait (that is what the workshop is, portraits, so, if I get it done it's the blog painting), is my Mother, I painted a similar one in watercolor just after she passed away (that painting is living at my sister's house), I have another painting of her in progress, a much larger painting 24" x 30", and I know I can't get that one done in one day), but this happens to be my favorite picture of her, so I decided to do a 10" x 10" painting, not sure where it will go, or if my Daughter will get it, we'll see (I'm sure she would want it, since all she has is a inkjet copy of the watercolor, I worked on this one pretty much all day, so if I do more oils after this workshop, I'm sure they won't be portraits, not that I don't like them, but just seems to take longer when you are trying to get a likeness, this painting needed to be altered, when I got home I knew it didn't quite look right, something was wrong, so I narrowed her face by about 1/2 inch on the side where her ear is, and I made her hair smaller, it was a quick fix and didn't alter the painting (the facial features) by much, and it does look better, it is on a gallery wrap so I painted the sides of it so it won't have to be framed. Well, this may be short, but, I have to get some other stuff done before I head to bed, I love this painting, and hope you do too.

I did get the painting prepared for tomorrow's painting, hopefully you will see that one tomorrow (if all goes well).

No comments:

Post a Comment